March 5, 2013

Find light in the beautiful sea, I choose to be happy

Yesterday I stumbled upon this post on you, me & charlie about cover songs. I love good covers! And by good I mean either better than the original song and/or completely different. This post brought me to the idea to start a series on my blog where I will present some good covers to you, and yes, this really needs a series because I could go on and on and on about it. So here are the first five covers that I love a lot:


  1. Any Given Day - Diamonds (by Rihanna): This is definitely my favourite cover at the moment! Yes, it is metal and you might not think that I'm listening to that kind of music but I actually do. I love how they turned the song into something completely different but it still has got some kind of softness and a lot of emotions to it.
  2. Stereophonics - Nothing Compares 2 U (by Sinead O'Connor): Great song in general but this cover version is just more my cup of tea. The singer's rough voice contributes to the emotions of the song very well and gives me enormous goosebumps.
  3. Karmin - Look At Me Now (by Chris Brown): I'm just amazed by how fast this woman can rap and you still kind of understand what she's saying. I definitely couldn't do that.
  4. John Legend - Rolling In The Deep (by Adele): He has got such a beautiful and strong voice! He is singing it a capella and it sounds amazing! Gives me shivers!
  5. Johnny Cash - Hurt (by Nine Inch Nails): This is definitely the best cover of all times! I really like Nine Inch Nails but this is so much better than the original song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogverzeichnis