March 21, 2013

I’ll be holding you so tight, try to get it right this time

Leslie Clio - Sister Sun Brother Moon

So, I've been to London. I arrived on Wednesday evening and I saw an amazing sunset throughout the whole flight. Flying west with the sun is great!


On thursday the weather was beautiful. At first I went to Notting Hill, which isn't touristy at all at 10 in the morning! I think I even saw some people who actually live in this area at Portobello Road! I just walked around there a bit and had a coffee in a cute little café. Afterwards, I went to Kensington Gardens and sat on a bench on the pond to write some postcards. It was a bit chilly but nice.
When I got cold, I warmed up by walking to the Westfield Centre in Shepherd's Bush. I wanted to do sooo much shopping in London but in the end I didn't really buy a lot, but I will do an extra post on that. Even though I didn't buy much I spend a lot of time in this huge shopping centre.
When I was fed up with all this consumerism I went (ironically) to Oxford Circus, but not for shopping. I wanted to visited the EAT. shop that I had been working in for six month. To my disappointment only one of my former managers was there and she told me that she and two of the costumer servants are the only ones left that I know in this shop. Well I had been expecting this - it's not a job you would want to spent the rest of your life in. While I was enjoying my free cappucino, I got a text from my friend Simi (she is my former housemate and I was staying with her for those days in London) who wanted to meet up for dinner.
We met at the Southbank and because I was there way to early, I had the chance to take some pictures of the breathtaking sky. (We went to wagamama by the way)





It was rainy on Friday… I went to Camden but didn't have much fun, being surprised by quick rain shower quite often. After a while I decided to take the bus to Oxford Circus and walk to Covent Garden from there. I went into some stores that I passed (e.g. the opening of he new H&M flagship store). It wouldn't stop raining though and instead of going to Shorditch which I had planned originally I ended up in the British Musuem. I love this building! I checked out some of the exhibition pieces but because I had been walking so much that day and also was pretty tired I just sat down in the huge entrance hall and read for a while.


In the evening, Alec (my other former housemate and Simi's boyfriend) arrived from Cardiff and we went to Brixton Village, which is an old market hall with a lot of restaurants and cafés. We decided on a pizza place and it was very delicious!

Saturday was a quite lazy day. We slept quite long, had porridge for breakfast and watched some TV before we went grocery shopping for our roast that we wanted to cook. At two o'clock Sylvia an Maya, friends of Simi, came over and we cooked a chicken with roasted vegetables. It was really good and after apple pie and cheesecake as a dessert we were completely stuffed! 
The day before Simi had got a leaflet of a chocolate museum opening in Brixton, so we wanted to check that out but it was very disappointing. We said goodbye to Sylvia and Maya and went home again, to continue our lazy day. 
In the evening we went to a bar called Kaff where we also had been last year. It's a very cool place and for London it's quite cheap. You can get a mojito for 3£. Being lazy all day we were pretty tired (you know how that works ;) ) but because it was still pretty early, Simi had the idea to go to the cinema. Django Unchained was on at 10!!! None of us had seen it yet and all of us really wanted to so the decision was made very quickly. We bought some snacks and went to "Ritzy Picturehouse" which is a very cool cinema in Brixton. The film was amazingly good and I recommend everyone who hasn't watched it yet - do so! If you can stand a little blood and brutality that is. The negative side of this spontaneous cinema experiance was that I was in bed at 2 and had to get up again at 5:20 to get to the airport. But I somehow managed it and landed safely back in Berlin.

By the way, how cute is this commercial??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogverzeichnis